Sunday 26 April 2015

Blooming Wales

April 21-24











On Tuesday I had a chance to make a trip to The Victorian Bodnant Garden;  An 80 acre paradise for flowers.  The sun was shining all the time and it was just beautiful!













On Wednesday evening there was a political debate taking place in Colwyn Bay: elections coming up quite soon. The debate took about two hours and it was really interesting to see how Local Welsh candidates tried to convince people to vote for them. Themes like humanitarian rights, military
spending and taxation were shared with the audience.  Some of the candidates were really passionate and almost like actors of a comedy.



Wednesday morning began with the Chapel seremony and for this time the sermon was about
Humanity and environmental issues once again. At the end of the sermon the Chaplain played Wiz
Khalifas song " See You Again" and with that it was very nice to start a school day at Rydal.
Revision continued in many lessons:  IB Final Examinations and A- Level exams coming up quite soon! Again I worked with one of the students with their source based paper and shared my ideas with him.















On Thursday 23 April I joined the school trip to Manchester Jewish Synagogue and The Museum.  There were three other teachers and me together with 32 students on the road. The place was very interesting and we had a very good guide who told colorful stories of the Jewish lifestyle and culture
as a whole. We also got familiar with the Holocaust section of the Museum and that reminded me once more why I am an  historian.  We got back to Colwyn Bay at 17.00 and again after another
fascinating day it was good to go the have a walk on the beach.








The final day April 24

Chapel first and then the Deputy head came over and wished me a safe journey and thanked over
these past two weeks. He also mentioned the same when starting the sermon with his words for the students. I was impressed!  During the last day I followed a Geography lesson and then in the end of the day I gave a lesson for the 13 IB group. We revised Hitler and Mussolini using the snow ball method and inquiry based learning and then finally at the end the Kahoot Quiz on that. All the students were very excited about it and I think it was a nice  end for the past two weeks.



 I have really enjoyed my job shadowing period and I would like to thank the whole school staff for the good collaboration. Special thanks will go to Mr Andrew Price, head of History, who made this possible and welcomed me. Mr Price' s wife Amanda will also get my grateful thanks for the
kindness and friendship throughout these two weeks. The whole Rydal Penrhos School in Colwyn Bay, North Wales was a very pleasant and refreshing experience. This could a beginning for the collaboration between our schools, so maybe I'll come back with some IB students next year!






The End





















No comments:

Post a Comment